Friday, September 6, 2013

WORKERS' COMPENSATION ALERT!

The General Assembly of Pennsylvania has proposed SIGNIFICANT CHANGES to the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act. The House of Representatives will soon vote on House Bill 1636. In summary, employers will be permitted to designate a "coordinated care organization" which would be the ONLY medical personnel authorized to provide treatment to an injured worker "for the duration of the injury". In other words, an injured worker will not have the right to choose their own doctor at any point during the life of their claim/injury. Even where surgery may be required, the injured workers rights are drastically limited. Text of relevant portion below:
"Provided, however, That an employer may also establish a list of one or more designated coordinated care organizations for treatment of employees, and if such list is established, the employe shall only treat with a provider or providers who are participants in one of those organizations for the duration of the injury;"  For full text, click HERE.

This is not just a "bad law," it will undoubtedly lead to "bad medicine," as these doctors will be beholden to insurance companies in order to maintain their status on the coordinated care organization list, at the extreme risk to patients' health, and removes all freedom of choice in regard to ones own medical care. This will become the LAW OF PENNSYLVANIA unless you make your voice known!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE TODAY tell them to vote "NO" on HB 1636.  If you are unsure who your Representative is, click HERE to find out or contact Schmidt, Kirifides & Fridkin.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, and I've been looking into different places that I could get help with workers compensation attorney. Because I've been looking but I haven't had the best of luck lately. So if anyone has any tips then that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently was injured on the job at work. What happened was not actually my fault. Because of the injury I am going to have to miss work. So I am looking for workers' compensation. I am looking to get an attorney to help me get workers compensation. http://www.smithdickeydempster.com/practice/workers-comp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that they would propose significant changes to the Workers' Compensation Act. I'm curious as to what the House of Representatives will vote on. I feel like it could swing either way. I'm anxious to see their decision! http://www.hamiltonlawfirmpc.com/work-injury/1982768

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting hurt at work is one thing that I fear of everyday. The thought of not being able to make money and support my family makes me sick and motivates me to be prepared for it. One thing that does bring me comfort is that there are workers compensation lawyers that can represent people who do get hurt in the work place. Knowing that makes me sleep a little bit better at night.

    http://www.malatch.com/workers-compensation-lawyers/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!!!Thanks for sharing it with us..While searching I had come across one site at where you can get best workers compensation attorney in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Workers' compensation

    Thank you for sharing with us the updated information related to the workers' compensation law.
    Our workers' compensation lawyer s work for state and federal laws that protect workers' rights, prevent discrimination, and promote safe work environment in various practice areas. Such as,
    shoulder and elbow injury, Workers’ Compensation law, Spine Injury lawyer
    , Workers’ Comp Insurance

    https://www.expansiondirectory.com/gosearch.php?q=PAG+-+Workers%27+Compensation+Attorneys+South+California

    https://fire-directory.com/PAG--Workers'-Compensation-Attorneys-South-California_329241.html

    ReplyDelete